The snow has melted and the birds are chirping. Spring is right around the corner and your lawn is now looking like a complete disaster area. This time of the year is when homeowners will need to do some major spring cleaning, not only in their homes but also in their yards.
The best way to get your lawn looking its best for the upcoming season is by following these easy steps for a spring yard clean-up:
- Remove debris– Any fallen branches, scattered sticks, leaves. If you have a wood-chipper you can use that for mulch in your lawn.
- Rake dead leaves and twigs– This can keep your lawn from receiving sunlight and can promote fungal growth. Make sure to rake yard and bed areas.
- Prune and trim– Any weathered or damaged branches will need to be corrected. Perennials that have overgrown will also need to be trimmed.
- This is the best time to plan any landscape adjustments. It is easiest to map out any changes at the start of the season.
- Plant any new trees, shrubs, or flowers. Make sure the weather is warm enough and the plants are able to survive the night’s temperatures.
- Check your irrigation and make sure all your sprinklers are working properly. This is a crucial step to ensure that your lawn is getting adequate watering during the hotter months.
* If you would like more information on a spring yard clean-up, lawn and tree care services or would like a free estimate to have this done by a professional please call 1-800-533-6330.