Lewiston-Clarkston Lawn Care Program
Senske Services provides excellent lawn care service in Clarkston, WA and the surrounding area. Every homeowner aspires to having a healthy, green lawn, especially in Eastern Washington. Clarkston lawn care, however, can be hard to manage due to the silt and clay soils of the area, and the ideal conditions they present for noxious weeds.
Clarkston Lawn Services
Senske Services has been providing residential lawn care services to Northwest communities since 1947. Our Clarkston lawn care services reflect the commitment we have to standing for quality in all aspects of lawn care and maintenance. Lawn maintenance services are available year-round or seasonally.
When you choose to use Senske lawn care, we guarantee you’ll love the quality of lawn care services and customer service we provide.
The Senske Promise
We’re confident that you’ll agree we provide the best lawn care service in Clarkston and the surrounding areas; in fact we’ve guaranteed 100% satisfaction to all of our customers. If you’re not fully satisfied with the lawn care service we provide, our technicians will come back to your property and redo the job – free of charge. That’s the Senske promise.
Lawn Aeration in Clarkston
Lawn aeration is one of the best lawn maintenance treatments you can provide your yard. Utilize our aeration services to produce a fuller and healthier lawn. This is done by removing small cores of soil, grass and, root, and thatch around the entirety of your yard, allowing the roots to receive all the oxygen, moisture, and fertilizer they need.
To increase the health of your yard, lawn aeration should be performed at least once a year. We’ve found the best time to aerate is directly after the winter season, when your grass is not covered in rain or snow and is generally more compacted.
Some are surprised to learn fertilization acts as a weed, bug and fungus control. Like us, plants need nutrients, and fertilization is one of the most influential determinants of lawn health. When your yard receives the correct nutrients, it will be healthier, fuller, and greener.
Fuller yards prevent weeds from having room to grow. Lawn fertilization can also prevent the damaging effects of bugs and fungus (both of which contribute to the depletion of nutrients in soil and lawns).
Clarkston Weed Control
Are your weeds constantly returning? Different weeds grow better during different seasons and many return year after year. This means yards require year-round maintenance. Control weeds is by using a scheduled, professional lawn maintenance service.
We take care of some of the most common weeds in our area, including:
- Clover: While there are over 300 species of clover, white clover is the most prevalent species found in our Clarkston yards. Mowing lawns high can be a deterrent for clover.
- Dandelions: Yellow flowers and green leaves are connected to roots that grow deep beneath the soil’s surface, making it difficult to permanently remove this weed.
- Spurge: This weed grows well in the sun and typically appears in late summer. Look for it in bark-dust and other areas that surround yards.
- Crabgrass: Also known as finger-grass, this weed can sneak up unnoticed and take over a yard because the color is so similar to grass found in yards.
- Quackgrass: This grass is common in lawns around the United States. You might hear it referred to as couch grass. It’s often mistaken for crabgrass.
- Orchardgrass: Because it grows tall, identifying this grass in your lawn is easy; removing it is not. It grows best in cool weather and produces green or purple flowers.
The most effective way to control weeds is by preventing them from growing in the first place. Senske specializes in weed prevention and weed control. If you don’t have weeds yet, call Senske to ensure you maintain a weed-free yard.
If you do have weeds, request a free estimate from Senske to remove them! With just a little bit of professional lawn care help, your yard can be transformed back into a lush, weed-free lawn.
Lawn Insect Control in Clarkston
It can seem almost impossible to remove bugs from your yard once they appear, but with professional bug control it’s possible! Senske technicians are trained and experienced in bug prevention and lawn insect control.
Many people think that their yard needs more water, when instead; their yard has been invaded by billbugs. If your lawn is turning brown and dying, don’t waste valuable resources and run up your water bill before checking your soil for grubs. Billbugs kill lawns by eating the roots of grass, which creates the appearance of a drought.
Extremely resilient, billbugs are able to survive as larvae during Clarkston’s harsh, winter months. Freezing temperatures and cold nights are survived by burrowing under the soil. In the early spring, they’ll grow into adult beetles and lay more eggs to produce another generation.
Cranberry girdlers are another bothersome Clarkston lawn pest. Similar to moths when fully grown, cranberry girdlers survive as larvae during the winter by eating your grass’ roots, then laying eggs as they fly along the .
Clarkston Fungus Control
There are several prevelant types of lawn fungi in Clarkston. The most prominent fungi include necrotic ring spots, fairy rings and mushrooms. Each of these fungi has a different effect on lawns. They are similar in their aesthetically displeasing appearance and the damage they can cause to lawns if not properly controlled.
- Necrotic ring spots create brown patches in yards. They flourish during the hot months and usually die-down in the colder months. However, recurrent necrotic ring spots can permanently destroy grass.
- Fairy rings produce circles, or rings. They feed on thatch. If one fairy ring appears in your yard, you’ll want to address it before one ring becomes many rings.
- Mushrooms can grow from tree stumps and roots under the surface of the grass. In order to eliminate mushrooms, the root or tree stump that it is feeding off of must be removed.
- Fungi can be controlled by making sure your lawn receives ample amounts of nutrients. Fertilization helps prevent lawn fungus.