Boise Lawn Care Services
Senske Services provides quality lawn care services in Boise and the surrounding area, including Eagle, Nampa and Meridian. Every homeowner wants a lush, green lawn. However, maintaining a healthy lawn can be a challenge in the Treasure Valley due to the region’s rocky, alkaline soil. This type of soil holds in heat, which creates a perfect environment for weeds to grow.
Our Lawn Services include:
- Lawn Fertilization
- Weed Control
- Lawn Insect Control
- Lawn Disease Treatments
- Sprinkler Blowouts
The most effective way to control weeds is by preventing them from growing in the first place. Senske specializes in weed prevention and weed control. If you don’t have weeds yet, call Senske to ensure you maintain a weed-free yard. The Treasure Valley’s long, hot and dry summers create ideal conditions for weeds to thrive.
The most common types of weeds in Boise are:
- Clover: although there are over 300 species of clover, white clover is the most prevalent species found in yards. Mowing lawns high can be a deterrent for clover.
- Dandelions: their yellow flowers and green leaves are connected to roots which grow deep beneath the surface of the soil, making it difficult to permanently remove this weed.
- Spurge: this weed grows well in the sun and will typically appear in the late summer in bark-dust and other areas that surround yards.
- Crabgrass: also known as finger-grass, this weed can sneak up unnoticed and take over a yard because the color is similar to yard grass.
- Quackgrass: this grass is common in lawns around the United States. You might hear it referred to as couch grass. It can oftentimes be mistaken for crabgrass.
- Orchardgrass: because it grows tall, identifying this grass in your lawn is easy; removing it is not. It grows best in cool weather and produces green or purple flowers.
If you do have weeds, request a free estimate from Senske to remove them! With just a little bit of professional lawn care help, your yard can be transformed back into a lush, weed-free lawn.